This course teaches the basics of workplace safety. Employees may be exposed to many safety and health hazards while on the job. These include chemical hazards, fire hazards, electrical hazards, confined space hazards, etc. This course aims to present an overview of some basic workplace hazards and how employees can protect themselves.
Employees who complete this course will learn how to:
- Identify and take basic preventive measures against chemical hazards.
- Examine proper respiratory and personal protective equipment.
- Assess preventative measures protecting against workers falling from elevated work places.
- Illustrate the procedures involved in locking/tagging out equipment.
- Recommend protective measures for preventing confined space hazards.
- Discuss fire hazard prevention.
- Demonstrate basic first aid procedures.
- Relate how to protect oneself from the threat of bloodborne pathogens.
- Describe how to protect oneself from heat and cold stresses.