The Certified Environmental Specialist course has been established to give an intensive overview on EPA regulations to professionals who are working within the safety and environmental fields. Working on projects that can pose a potential danger to the public or environment—environmental compliance knowledge and implementation is a must in the workplace.
This course provides essential knowledge and understanding of the Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) rule, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Emergency Planning & Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA), Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA or “Superfund”) in addition to other environmental compliance planning and expectations.
Those who successfully complete the course will be able to implement updated environmental compliance programs at their facility.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss updated major environmental laws and regulations
- Discuss the purpose and requirements of the Clean Air Act
- Describe the background and requirements of the RCRA
- Properly identify different types of hazardous waste according to RCRA regulations
- Implement hazardous waste management systems to achieve and maintain compliance
- Apply different features of the Clean Water Act in day-to-day operation
- Explain regulatory and management issues relating to Storm Water Discharges
- Identify the requirements of your SPCC plan
All quizzes require a score of 70% to proceed forward in the course.
Final Exam Information
The final exam requires a minimum score of 70% to receive a certificate of completion.