Newly updated! Fully interactive training written by industry experts!
The HAZWOPER 8 Hour Annual Refresher is designed for general-site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or health hazards.
This SafetyTraining.com HAZWOPER course is for workers who come into contact with hazardous waste and substances. It meets the requirements outlined in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 for eight hours of annual refresher training.
The course includes nine sections associated with Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER 8 Hour OSHA Traning). They include Decontamination and Confined Space Entry. Other topics include Site Characterization, Hazard Recognition, Toxicology, Personal Protective Equipment and Emergency Procedures.
When you’re done with the course you will get a certificate of completion (accepted by OSHA as documentation of training).
- OSHA regulations and requirements.
- The principles of toxicology and chemical exposures.
- Hazardous situations involving corrosives, solvents, oxidizers and reactive chemicals.
- The uses for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how to choose the correct PPE.
- The principles of decontamination.
- A Medical Surveillance Program.
- Confined space permit systems.
- Confined space atmospheric hazards.
- Medical concerns with confined spaces.
- Emergency situations.
- Personal safety and the safety of everyone you work with.